Re: [SLUG] Blacklisting bad guys.

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2007 - 15:21:40 EST

On Friday 02 February 2007 14:24, Eben King wrote:

> > If your users are a small number of people you might think about using a
> > different port if you ftp server will allow you to change the port it
> > listens on.
>
> If you don't have many users you might try a whitelist too.

My list is not that big and I exclusively use whitelists.

It's rather amazing how fast you will be bombarded by these script attacks.
Whenever I've opened SSH it's been under attack within the hour.

I don't allow remote root login or version 1, and the login name is never a
real name.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.