Re: [SLUG] Of partitions and re-sizing

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2007 - 19:19:54 EST

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Chuck Hast wrote:

> On 2/4/07, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:

>> > I resized the NTFS partition, leaving 9G of free space.
>>
>> That free space is on the disk only, not in any partition by default.
>> You need to resize the Linux partition which you want to be bigger, or
>> add a new partition in the free space.
>>
> That is the funny part, I can not resize any of the other partitions,
> indeed it appears that I have moved my self into a corner....

Well you said something earlier about moving a partition. Can you move them
around until you _can_ resize an appropriate one? Else, make a new
partition in the free space and mount it as /usr/local or wherever it would
do the most good.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.no-ip.org:81

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.