Re: [SLUG] projector

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2007 - 23:49:06 EST

On Monday 05 February 2007 14:27, michael hast wrote:
> Eldo Varghese wrote:
> > michael hast wrote:

> >> Hey, William!
> >>
> >> I'll let you know what happens. The room where I am setting up does
> >> have a large glass door, but we have heavy curtains in there. We
> >> aren't projecting the screen enormous, so I'm looking forward to
> >> seeing how it does in lit conditions. My biggest problem with
> >> shopping projectors is that to match all of the stats on this one and
> >> best it's lumens, you will fork out some major bucks. It looks like
> >> the $400.00 factory mail-in rebate on this one is good for two or
> >> three months, so if I have good results with light, I'll let you know
> >> ASAP. In the meantime, check out the HTPC Howto here:
> >> http://www.linuxis.us/linux/media/howto/linux-htpc/index.html
> >> And, Google for MythTV and Sabayon. I'm really not sure exactly how
> >> I'm going to set mine up, but I'm definitely looking forward to
> >> playing with the setup.
> >>
> >> --Michael
> >> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
> >> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
> >> posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
> >> official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
> >
> > re: the projector
> > have you guys considered making your own projector with an lcd screen?
> > http://www.audiovisualizers.com/madlab/lcd_proj.htm
> > This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
> > Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
> > posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
> > official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
>
> I have my doubts about contrast ratio... ;-)

A simple request. Rather than having these long emails, where some lines are
added each time, resending the same stuff over and over. How about snipping
down each reply and make it easier to keep up with?

We all get the full thread and can go back and read an earlier email if it is
needed.

Some of these threads are long and with the full thread in each email it adds
up to a lot.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.