Re: [SLUG] kernel source

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 12:37:37 EDT

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, steve szmidt wrote:

> On Tuesday 17 April 2007 04:19, Eben King wrote:
>
>> NFW I'm going to upgrade everything because a video driver acts up. There
>> must be a magic incantation to say to make "nvidia" install. I mean, AFAiK
>> I'm doing everything right for it. I had it before I upgraded the
>> kernel...
>
> I've never upgraded everything to update the nvidia driver.

Didn't upgrade for that. Upgraded to get support for the motherboard's IDE
controllers in the kernel.

> The only problems has been to ensure kernel source existed for the driver
> recompile.

Before, there was no precompiled modules (duh, I rolled my own), so it
compiled from source.

> With the latest generation of driver it is even easier to upgrade than
> ever. Try contacting nVidia and see what they say.

I guess I'll do that.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    royalty.mine.nu:81
PISCES:  Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola