Re: [SLUG] Monitor issue

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2007 - 22:13:18 EDT

Ken Elliott wrote:

<snip>

>>> The VP monitor was expensive and featured its own color calibration built
> in.
>
> Really? I have to uses an external device to calibrate my PCs and Macs.
> It's not clear to me how this could work.

You got me. However, if the software is provided by the manufacturer of
the monitor, and the manufacturing specs are tight enough, I suppose I
could see it. But I had the same question when we bought it.
Fortunately, my wife does scrupulous research before she buys
*anything*, and this was monitor *she* chose. Me? I could care less if
the color's weird. As long as I can see the little letters on the
screen, I'm okay. ;-}

But you're right on the current software. It comes with a little gizmo
that hangs in front of the monitor to read the screen.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster