Re: [SLUG] Music Download Services

From: SOTL (sotl155360@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue May 22 2007 - 02:36:24 EDT

On Monday 21 May 2007 16:51, Jonathon Conte wrote:
> >. . .
> >
> >Open Source isn't really about freedom of choice *against* an abusive
> >monopoly. It's just about freedom of choice. It just so happens we have
> > the 900lb gorillas of monopolies in our back yard (Microsoft, Adobe),
> > making our jobs that much harder. It's kind of heartening to see how the
> > internet has empowered people to be a force for change outside of
> > organized lobbyists and corporate boardrooms. Now if we can just keep the
> > internet free....
> >
> >Paul
>
> Free (libre) software is about using tools that do not enslave the user,
> choice is just an indirect benefit of that incredible freedom. The real
> freedom is having no master.
>
> Jonathon

To hell with the software. All of the libraries in Tampa Bay have extensive
music collections that one can check out, take home, and rip with out the
RIAA's knowledge and if you are really RIAA paranoid you can set in the
library and rip it there if you are not obvious about what you are doing. Of
course if you are cough you will most likely get kicked out of the library
that is.

SOTL