Re: [SLUG] Music Download Services

From: Rich Morgan (rmorgan@heavysystems.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 11:59:17 EDT

Another development in the ongoing saga:

"Europeans who resell AllofMP3.com vouchers are quitting the business
after a UK raid against one prominent reseller there. An Ars Technica
article talks to several of them about their situations. 'Until a few days
ago, I had never heard of the IFPI [the international music trade group],'
said one reseller. 'But yes, I am concerned about them now. Although my
attorney assures me that reselling gift certificates bought from
AllOfMP3.com isn't breaking any laws, it isn't worth the possibility of
engagement with their legal machine.' The music industry seems determined
to choke off AllofMP3's funding, no matter how small the source."

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/05/23/1447254.shtml

v/r,
Rich Morgan
Open Addict.com