Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: Robin \(Bartow FL\) (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 07:08:09 EDT

"We would love to put on some kind of "Open Source Conference" for Central Florida in the Tampa area to showcase Open-Source software in business including Linux, Open-office, Asterisk, Apache/PHP, etc... If anyone here on the SLUG list would like to throw in their input, or take part in the effort, we would greatly appreciate it."

How about a poll for central Florida businesses to identify their needs. A "Market Survey" to measure program viability. The raw number of business employees being voted to control program content (as if voting stock). For publicity, I would start with the Small Business Adminstration.
http://web.sba.gov/list/
Webcast and Podcast an elected problem and open-source solution.

/robin