Re: [SLUG] The End of an Era for SLUG?

From: Matt Florell (astmattf@gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2007 - 11:02:58 EDT

On 31 May 2007 11:08:09 -0000, Robin (Bartow FL)
<suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com> wrote:
> "We would love to put on some kind of "Open Source Conference" for Central Florida in the Tampa area to showcase Open-Source software in business including Linux, Open-office, Asterisk, Apache/PHP, etc... If anyone here on the SLUG list would like to throw in their input, or take part in the effort, we would greatly appreciate it."
>
> How about a poll for central Florida businesses to identify their needs. A "Market Survey" to measure program viability. The raw number of business employees being voted to control program content (as if voting stock). For publicity, I would start with the Small Business Adminstration.
> http://web.sba.gov/list/
> Webcast and Podcast an elected problem and open-source solution.
>
> /robin

Maybe I should create a separate mailing list or forum just for this
subject, so those of us that are interested in doing this can all
subscribe to the same place and we can have all of our conversations
available to look at easily.

As for a survey, I have call center resources that we could use to
conduct a phone survey, or we could go the route of a mailer with the
promise of winning free stuff(random drawing for completed forms
online) which would probably be a cheaper solution.

Does anyone else here on the list have any experience with SMB marketing?

MATT---