Re: [SLUG] Verizon fios

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2007 - 00:18:37 EDT

Mark Bishop wrote:

> I have to jump on the Rapidsys (www.rapidsys.com) bandwagon. If you can
> get your DSL or FIOS service, I would get it through them instead of
> Verizon.

Let me issue a caveat here. While Rapidsys may well be good at ISPing,
they are *not* good at hosting. I have a customer in Oldsmar who's had
no end of problems with their website because of the lack of expertise
there. They get broadband and hosting through Rapidsys. In fact, I can't
even use Midnight Commander to FTP stuff up to their website. There's
some sort of misconfig on their Apple servers (?!), which they know
about but can't/won't fix. I have to use plain old FTP to ftp content
up. Their hosting response has been exceptionally slow, and they've had
goofy problems (and downtime), which they can't clearly explain.

As far as I know, the client has had no problems with their broadband.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster