Re: [SLUG] St. Pete. meeting..Cancel

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 11:13:07 EDT

On Thursday 21 June 2007 08:35, Aaron Steimle wrote:
> I am trying to find another location that will a little more consistent.

Hi Aaron!

Consider the building that used to be the Florida Institute of Traditional
Chinese Medicine, 5335 66th St N. That is now some other kind of school.

It is a fairly large building and has a lot of rooms. You could approach them
with the idea that hosting our meetings would be 1) a community service and
2) give them public exposure on a mailing list seen by x hundreds of people.

I am a graduate of FITCM, thus I am familiar with the building. Dr. Su Liang
Ku, a delightful man - the headmaster of FITCM during its entire existence,
maintains an acupuncture clinic in that building to this day, but he is not
connected with the school that is there now as far as I know.

There is a wonderful carry out pizza place just a block north on the other
side of the street, if I recall correctly. Gee, it is nearly 10 years!

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.