Re: [SLUG] Tampa-area Asterisk meeting for July

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 11:02:24 EDT

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 06:18, suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com wrote:
> > Actually, there's a deal made with Paul that anyone we deem able to get
> > there but who does not show up at least once will not be able to make any
> > postings to SLUG. It may seem a bit harsh but we are really doing you a
> > favor as you have a definite need for Asterisk know how, but may not have
> > realized it yet.
> >
> > And to quote the flight attendant after having given the emergency
> > instructions on last nights flight, "For those of you who listen to me -
> > Thank you!. For the rest of you - Good Luck!
>
> Now I know not to sip coffee when I read Steve's postings.
>
> This humor reminded me of an employee that was having trouble learning to
> press the correct buttons on a keyboard. The system would do the strangest
> things. A supervisor repeatedly trying to correct issues would comment on
> how they never saw it behave like this before. The employee would reply
> "Well, thanks to me, look how much more you have learned about this
> computer!"
>
> /robin

I was on a delayed flight and this attendant was a riot! The stream of jokes
he cracked had the passengers in stitches. Which was nice after a few hours
of waiting.

It started with an announcement by the gate that they had managed to scramble
a plane to replaced the one stuck in Chicago, which was expected to show up
soon. "The good news", he said, "was that I just got insurance from Geico!"

If they all played greetings like this guy did people would be a lot
friendlier in the sky.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.