Re: [SLUG] OT: I need help

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 23:30:21 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:

> I need help to get rid of some monitors I have. I bought some new
> very expensive lcd samsung montiors.
>
> What I have is 3 montiors that I would like to sell and soon as I dont
> have the space to store them and the new lcds are comming on monday.

<snip>

> Note to Paul and other post nazis out there. I need these gone now
> and normally i know I should put them on the slug website for sale
> or make a post in slug - pol but the list is dead and I just need
> them gone now .

Normally, I'm a very easy going fellow, and I try to give people plenty
of chances. I don't like politics, petty rivalries or popularity
contests. I don't like arguing with people. I prefer to let people do
and say as they wish, even if I disagree.

So I don't like being forced into confrontations like this. It makes me
angry, and I don't like being angry.

1) You obviously know the list rules. You as much as admit it above.

2) You violate them *on purpose*. Because you're in a hurry. As though
your urgency somehow justifies violating the rules.

3) You call the person who enforces those rules a "post nazi" while
you're violating the rules.

4) In the past, you've routinely started and/or prodded numerous
flamewars. I've sent you repeated private emails, encouraging you,
cajoling you, and warning you to adhere to the list rules. I have quite
thick files on the many times this has happened.

It's been my experience that people who flagrantly violate rules and
then shower those who enforce them with epithets don't like rules and
generally have great difficulty in following them. And they're usually
daring the enforcers to lift the burden of following the rules from them.

If that's the case, please let me know, and I will be happy to
accommodate you. Otherwise, please reasonably explain your conduct.
Please note that your answer will determine your continued membership on
this list.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster