Re: [SLUG] OT: I need help

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2007 - 00:29:03 EDT

On 6/21/07, Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
> Robert Snyder wrote:
>
> > I need help to get rid of some monitors I have. I bought some new
> > very expensive lcd samsung montiors.
> >
> > What I have is 3 montiors that I would like to sell and soon as I dont
> > have the space to store them and the new lcds are comming on monday.
> >

> <snip>
>

> > Note to Paul and other post nazis out there. I need these gone now
> > and normally i know I should put them on the slug website for sale
> > or make a post in slug - pol but the list is dead and I just need
> > them gone now .
> >

> Normally, I'm a very easy going fellow, and I try to give people plenty
> of chances. I don't like politics, petty rivalries or popularity
> contests. I don't like arguing with people. I prefer to let people do
> and say as they wish, even if I disagree.
>
> So I don't like being forced into confrontations like this. It makes me
> angry, and I don't like being angry.
>
> 1) You obviously know the list rules. You as much as admit it above.

1a)Yeap I know of the rules do I know them by heart no. More like
Paul complains everytime some one sells something on the list and that
Paul points to the website

> 2) You violate them *on purpose*. Because you're in a hurry. As though
> your urgency somehow justifies violating the rules.

2a) Did I violate them on purpose : yes, And some times urgency lets
you bend the rules. I dont see cops giving tickets to speeders who
are trying to get ther prego wives to the hospital. No I am not
association my mini drama with birth just giving it an example of
where urgency allow bendind or breaking of the rules.

> 3) You call the person who enforces those rules a "post nazi" while
> you're violating the rules.

3a)Yes as you seem to come off as pompus and anal retentive. So Post
Nazi fits. Everything in moderation but to you it is black and white
and no grey. Kinda reminds me of RMS so maybe your not a post nazi.
Maybe your more like Communist Commarde Paul the list moderator then
post nazi. The one nice thing about me is you will always know where
you stand with me.

> 4) In the past, you've routinely started and/or prodded numerous
> flamewars. I've sent you repeated private emails, encouraging you,
> cajoling you, and warning you to adhere to the list rules. I have quite
> thick files on the many times this has happened.

4a) Now in three years I could only find 2 private converstations I
have with you. Far from repeated. Also I would like to see these
thick files I find it entertaining to see whats in them. Is it like
my fbi file, am I going to find black bars over every thing.

> It's been my experience that people who flagrantly violate rules and
> then shower those who enforce them with epithets don't like rules and
> generally have great difficulty in following them. And they're usually
> daring the enforcers to lift the burden of following the rules from them.

Some say the ends justify the means, or that a list that is
effectively dead should not have so many rules. If I am the trouble
maker you want to make me out to be you could of easily put me in a
moderation queue, and then approved and denied my post, if it was such
a great injustice.

> If that's the case, please let me know, and I will be happy to
> accommodate you. Otherwise, please reasonably explain your conduct.
> Please note that your answer will determine your continued membership on
> this list.

Well put it simple I did not know I was getting these lcd monitors
until about 11 am thursday morning. It is not something I bought and
then went oh shit . This was sprung on me and I basically posted to a
couple of different list I am on that have local people who might be
able to use the equipment. I have to have it gone no latter then
tuesday and other then one monitor I would set by the curb I would
like to see the other two go to good homes. If i had to do it all
again I would of still posted, just would not of called you a post
nazi.

WiiRobby