[SLUG] fsck.ext3 -c output?

From: Mark Polhamus (meplists@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 16:56:43 EDT

Last night my cats knocked my USB external drive off it's shelf onto the
floor :(

I decided I should check it for problems using fsck. One partition had
errors, so I decided to run badblocks on it, using fsck.ext3 -c. I've
never used the badblocks option before, what does "fsck.ext3 -c -v..."
say if there are bad blocks?

It didn't report anything during the scan, just "done 380" before
starting "Pass 1". I suppose that means there are 380 bad blocks, or
does it mean that a single block at offset 380 is bad or none of the
above? Any way of querying the bad block list for the partition/drive?

Anyways, I ran fsck.ext3 -y and it spewed a huge number of messages,
then segfaulted :( Guess I'll try it again...

-- Mark Polhamus