Re: [SLUG] Why would they do this?

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 17:33:12 EDT

On 6/23/07, blue <blue@tuffydog.com> wrote:

> Immigration attorneys from Cohen & Grigsby explains how they assist
> employers
> in running classified ads with the goal of NOT finding any qualified
> applicants, and the steps they go through to disqualify even the most
> qualified Americans in order to secure green cards for H-1b workers.
>
> See what they really mean by a "shortage of skilled U.S. workers."
> Microsoft,
> Oracle, Hewlett-Packard, and thousands of other companies are running fake
> ads in Sunday newspapers across the country each week
> http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=acd_1182551059

Don't feel too threatened by this. An H1 is fairly easy to get anyway. A
friend of mine is foreigner from Europe. He's been working as an electrical
engineer for a power generation supplier for almost ten years. The INS
hasn't allowed for his green since his first year of employment, yet the
corporate lawyers have been at it diligently. A green card is much more
difficult to acquire.

Blame your politicians. The cost of living is next to impossible in the U.S.
Hence this drives the cost of doing business. Businesses get choked by
international competition, and then comes the landslide of labor migration.
It's a balanced equation. The problem is with government and banks owned by
elitists. Stop them, and we'll all have a better life... globally.

/mario