[SLUG] QEMU Win 2Kpro and some flavor of Linux

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 15:06:43 EDT

Hi Everybody!

Here I go again, the crazy guy who can't get a girl friend trying to do
charity med research without Winders. Turns out it can't be done, since ahem,
several doctors on the project won't use the L-word. Oh, the discussions
we've had!

Given I have to have Bill along for the ride, what is the best Linux distro to
use with QEMU and still have M$ in an isolation ward until I need the little
bugger? Have to be able to get to The Great Satan in one click, alas.

This will be a clean reformat install on a former Gentoo Pentium 4 at 1.7
speed, 1.5GB ram with 60 GB Seagate. Several medical apps require Windows,
the rest will all be Linux. Want to be able to run everything at once, "slow"
doesn't matter.

My Linux guru-pal is busy on a cash job so I have to do this myself and I
don't know how, so easy is a plus.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.