Re: [SLUG] lm_sensors

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 22:47:31 EDT

On Friday 13 July 2007 11:03:41 Ian C. Blenke wrote:
> Levi Bard wrote:
> > If you google for your motherboard's model (or post it to the list),
> > it's very likely that somebody has already created a sensors.conf
> > specifically for it. In fact, Tyan distributes (or did for the S2875
> > at least) sensors.conf files that /they've/ created for their
> > motherboards.
>
> What you will find is that not only do the actual temperature sensors
> change from motherboard to motherboard, but also from revision to
> revision. Manufacturers do this to cut cost (and boost profit) depending
> on the supplier that has the best price for them.

Thanks Levi & Ian

Not very encouraging,but I'll see what I can find. I'm running SuSE 10.2 When
I was running 10.0 I had a good conf file and sensors displayed as expected.
I also have a "system health" screen in the bios that gives me all of the
numbers. (MSI K8T Neo2 - MS-6702E) Too bad I can't make that show up in the
OS somehow.

Bob S