Re: [SLUG] laptop

From: suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com
Date: Sat Jul 21 2007 - 09:31:51 EDT

> I'm looking for a laptop. A hard-and-fast requirement is one of those stick
> mice (you know, the rubber gizmo that sticks up between the G, H, and M
> keys). I hate hate hate trackpads. Is my only choice Lenovo (formerly Big
> Blue) Thinkpads? Or, do any other brands have that? I've looked at HP,
> Dell, Toshiba, and Apple so far. Actually the HP pictures were really tiny,
> so I could have missed a camouflaged one.
>
> --
> -eben

Do a search at ebay for "laptop computer" and "notebook computer". Pick up the industry acronym/s in the descriptions for the type of mouse you see and want, add the acronyms to an advanced search. Then narrow your search by adding "linux" to the search criteria. (Hence, you will spend less time hunting linux drivers.) In an advanced search... you can also exclude brand names you already know about.

/robin