Re: [SLUG] laptop

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 2007 - 21:49:11 EDT

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Robert Waldo wrote:

> On 7/24/07, michael hast <evylrobot19@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Robin - Bartow FL wrote:

> Since I support Dell, I was able to play with the Latitude D630 and I found
> it to be a fairly durable machine. Since Dell likes Linux, you may want to
> give them a shot.

I looked at that. There was a reason I didn't choose it... it may be that
while there's a big difference between "not working out of the box" and
"requires much labor to be made to work, if it's possible", I think the
general concensus was that it's a bitchier machine (with Linux) than some
others, not that I would reject a free one.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81
         Two atoms are walking along.  Suddenly, one