Re: [SLUG] Irritants

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2007 - 07:37:40 EDT

On 7/27/07, James Straight <penroses@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> I know this really does not help your problem. Just wanted to say i have
> been using this kind of adapter for a few years now. I like this one because
> of 2 reasons. It fits every USB port i've tried so far( even old laptops
> with shrouded usb ports) and there is nothing to lose except the usb cap.
> You need to be real careless to lose this cap, which is unlike other
> adapters i have tried. I also have been using it with my camera phone 1 gig
> card with its SD adapter to transfer pictures from
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Slim-USB-2-0-Memory-Card-Reader-4-mini-micro-SD-1GB-2GB_W0QQitemZ290143147846QQihZ019QQcategoryZ116238QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a handy reader, what I like about the PCMCIA card is that I just
left it in the machine and all I had to do was fire up the machine stick the SD
card in and I was off and running. I get a feeling that the issue is in the
UDEV rules, but I am not sure where to look or what to change.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;