Re: [SLUG] distro recommendations

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 16:56:16 EDT

> Then I tried to install xfce. It's not in the distro (it is in Xubuntu), so
> download on another machine | sneakernet et voila ... almost. It needs
> Gmodule, part of glib, and it refers me to gtk.org. I'd rather not download
> out-of-distro software onto this machine. Is there an easier way? Gnome
> (or something) keeps the CPU above 20%...

>From http://xubuntu.org/get :
If you have an existing Ubuntu, Kubuntu, or Edubuntu installation, it
is possible to install Xubuntu and retain your current installation.
To do so, just go into Synaptic (or Adept if you use Kubuntu) and
install the xubuntu-desktop package. There you are! Next time you
login, you can choose Xubuntu from the Session menu on the login
screen.

--
something = cheese(manatee){ begin learjet.each |mustard| do cthulhu{
mustard } end rescue yield ensure return end }