RE: [SLUG] Idea for LUG

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 06:54:18 EDT

This is already being done at the Tampa Bay Computer Society, but they are
usually stuck with whatever OS is already on board. But if the group helped
TBCS pick a distro, and offered support, then they might take care of the
heavy lifting. Most of those folks are Microsoft-centric, and will need
some hand-holding and support assistance.

They _are_ a non-profit and already have a program to refurbish computers.
They also had a Linux SIG, some of those members are/were on this list. I'd
start with those guys, since they are Linux-friendly.

http://tampa-bay.org/

Ken Elliott