Re: [SLUG] Picture card in PCMCIA slot

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 22:32:53 EDT

On Thursday 02 August 2007 15:58, Possum wrote:
<snip>
> >> No vfat support. Bummer. On my way to friend's house to burn a cd.
> >
> > That can be solved with a kernel recompile.
>
> It also may be more simple than that... I believe genkernel users have
> vfat support enabled as a module, in which case "modprobe vfat".
>
> You can also compile it as a module by doing a make menuconfig, mark
> vfat as a module, and then 'make modules && make modules_install'
> without having to recompile the entire kernel. Then just modprobe vfat
> and you should be happy :)

Hi Possum!

Yeh, came right up from the cd, and emailed straightaway. I will truck this
beastie over to my friend's house one day for a recompile party.

That's after I get Win (spit) 2K and Kubuntu onto this old P4 1.7 box I have
been saving for the purpose. I would have already done this but I have been
going through some other changes and haven't had the strength left.

Whatever you do, don't get old. Thanks to all for the help.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.