Re: [SLUG] Picture card in PCMCIA slot

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 15:14:52 EDT

On 8/2/07, Pete Theisen <petetheisen@verizon.net> wrote:
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I am using KDE on Gentoo. I inserted a picture storage card from my camera
> into the PCMCIA slot, using a Kodak carrier that came with the camera. I have
> no idea what to do from there. I have looked at everything on every menu and
> can't see them. Can't even see anything that says PCMCIA. I know the PCMCIA
> is working because my network interface is in the other slot and I can go
> online normally.
>
> I rebooted it on the odd chance, the boot messages see the pcmcia
> slots, "watching two slots" was the phrase used.
>
> The last time I got pictures from this camera I took them to my friend's house
> and he burned a cd with them on, but it seems to me that the PCMCIA card
> should read them as well. Of course, I need to email the pictures somewhere
> right now.
> --

I have this same problem, I have one of the PCMCIA adapters, I put a SD
card in it and it sees it but says things like max 128M HD and zero meg
hd size...

If I use a USB reader it works just fine, this device used to work for me
back when I had SuSE 10.1, but somewhere along the way I did a update
and it died and has been so since. I think that they changed something
in some file somewhere and broke things...

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;