[SLUG] Picture card in PCMCIA slot

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 02 2007 - 13:52:54 EDT

Hi Everybody!

I am using KDE on Gentoo. I inserted a picture storage card from my camera
into the PCMCIA slot, using a Kodak carrier that came with the camera. I have
no idea what to do from there. I have looked at everything on every menu and
can't see them. Can't even see anything that says PCMCIA. I know the PCMCIA
is working because my network interface is in the other slot and I can go
online normally.

I rebooted it on the odd chance, the boot messages see the pcmcia
slots, "watching two slots" was the phrase used.

The last time I got pictures from this camera I took them to my friend's house
and he burned a cd with them on, but it seems to me that the PCMCIA card
should read them as well. Of course, I need to email the pictures somewhere
right now.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.