Re: [SLUG] video editing?

From: ronan (ronan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 09:57:45 EDT

William Coulter wrote:
> I have a DVR that I burn 15 minutes of stuff. I only want about 2
> minutes of the recored stuff and I want to burn it back to a DVD-R or
> RW. The recored part changes from each recored section. What program
> should I use and how do I do this? I have never done this before.
>
> Thanks,
> William
For the editing, you might try cinelerra (free) or MainActor (not
free). To create DVDs, there are many tools, a nifty one is called
DeVeDe; it is a GUI tool that will launch mplayer (mencoder?) to convert
video formats, change quality, etc, as it creates the DVD iso file. If
you don't mind hand-editing files to control the structure of your DVD,
then the simple "dvdauthor" package can create the iso from your VOB
(MPEG2) files.

--ronan