Re: [SLUG] video editing?

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 11:18:17 EDT

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, ronan wrote:

> William Coulter wrote:
>> I have a DVR that I burn 15 minutes of stuff. I only want about 2 minutes
>> of the recored stuff and I want to burn it back to a DVD-R or RW. The
>> recored part changes from each recored section. What program should I use
>> and how do I do this? I have never done this before.

> For the editing, you might try cinelerra (free) or MainActor (not free). To
> create DVDs, there are many tools, a nifty one is called DeVeDe; it is a GUI
> tool that will launch mplayer (mencoder?) to convert video formats, change
> quality, etc, as it creates the DVD iso file. If you don't mind hand-editing
> files to control the structure of your DVD, then the simple "dvdauthor"
> package can create the iso from your VOB (MPEG2) files.

I do it all manually, and use sox (sound normalization), ffmpeg (format
conversion), mplayer (to work out the chapter boundaries), dvdauthor
(structure the files), mkisoimage, and dvdrecord. Maybe a few others I've
forgotten too, but that's the main group. I wrote down the sequence so I
wouldn't have to work it out again. I'll definitely look into DeVeDe.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81
VIRGO:  All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except