[SLUG] BeautifulSoup and Crummy.com non-availability

From: Keith Lelacheur (themercuryman@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2007 - 11:05:17 EDT

Hello all,

I am in need of some tech help again. I have a fully functional ubuntu
fiesty setup and am very happy with it minus a few things. One of them is
the Sirius satellite radio player. I found this (
http://markjstevens.net/?p=13) which appears to walk me through the
installation of sipie. I am running into an issue though in that the
easy_install of BeautifulSoup requires downloading the python based
BeautifulSoup from www.crummy.com. The easy_install script fails because
crummy.com will can't be found. I have tried to go to crummy.com in a
browser and the site is down. Does anyone know of another way to get
BeautifulSoup functioning that would be understandable for a non-python
fluent person like me?

P.S. I am able to listen to Sirius by launching VLC via the media plug-in
from Firefox, but I still wish to get the sipie front end with mplayer
integration.