Re: [SLUG] PCMCIA Hell

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2007 - 13:14:36 EDT

On Sunday 19 August 2007 07:13, Chuck Hast wrote:

Hi Chuck!

I remember that a friend of mine set up Gentoo with the 2.6 kernel on my
Toshiba and the PCMCIA did work. The box is no longer here because of a LOT
of hardware/firmware issues that I think Toshiba puts there on purpose to
drive "repairs" or upgrades, but the PCMCIA did work.

Now Gentoo set-up is a full-time job, that's why I had him do it, but if you
are up to doing it, Gentoo is a possibility.

--
Regards,

Pete http://www.pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.