Re: [SLUG] IBM

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 20:43:17 EDT

Perhaps a point or two of interest, AtW[1]:
"Symphony is available for Linux and Windows, with Mac OS X support
coming later. It is based on Eclipse Rich Client Platform for its
shell and OpenOffice.org for the core office suite code."

"Symphony has its roots in IBM Workplace. In 2006, IBM introduced
Workplace Managed Client version 2.6, which included "productivity
tools" — a word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation program —
that supported ODF. Later that year, IBM announced that Lotus Notes 8,
which was already incorporating Workplace technology, would also
include the same productivity tools as the Workplace Managed Client.
In 2007, IBM released Notes 8, and then released Notes' productivity
tools as a standalone application, Symphony, one month later. The code
in Symphony is the same as that for Notes 8's productivity tools."

1. According to Wikipedia ( http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=atw )

--
"Tak does not require that we think of Him, only that we think."
--Grag Bashfullsson