Re: [SLUG] digital camera

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 20:21:29 EST

On Wednesday 14 November 2007, vern wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just got a camera ( as a gift ) that is not recognized by either
> Fedora 7 or F8.
> This thing also has No drivers. I checked the web site, manual.. etc.
>
> It's a VistaQuest VQ-7015
> ( shoulda figured just by the name it would be .. problematic (?))
> anyway
> Shows up in the Device Manager as Syntek Semiconducter Co. Ltd, as far
> as hardware.
>
> According to the manual it's just supposed to show up as a removable
> drive.

Yes, I use a reader as well. CompUSA has a reader that can read most kinds of
cards. Its the size of a floppy caddy, also very inexpensive.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.