Re: [SLUG] Nokia N810 Fun

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2007 - 09:34:44 EST

Joe Brandt wrote:
>> I found it for 210$ , looks fricken cool... I'm thinking this or an EEEPC
>>

> The EEEPC runs Linux out of the box.
> Why does it have a Windows key?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFLJJw6WRqM
>
> nokia n810 $185
> http://www.mystore.com/nokia-n810-p-7463.html?ID=4498

[phew] You had me spooked for a minute, like I thought you meant the old
NSA key. LOL

I was reading though the YouTube posts. I guess MS has hired some
blogging FUD dogs to post a nonsensical barrage of crap [sigh]. Sooner
or later, I hope critical thought will prevail with these gadgets. The
weak and meek will be the last but will come around nevertheless.

So the "Windows key" according to this guy:
* lekid911 <http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lekid911> * (1 month ago)
''In the final version , it's a "Home" key''

I haven't actually seen one of these machines, so I can't confirm this.
There seem to be some other rumors that MS is going to port an XP/XP
lite to it. I think that's utter nonsense when embedded manufacturers
have to make their own HAL for their machines. I don't think ASUS is
going to bother, but perhaps they will go the higher pricetag for all
the sheep.

/mario