Re: [SLUG] Thunderbird - Starts at the bottom of the email?!?! WHYGOD WHY

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 18:39:06 EST

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 06:25:53PM -0500, Ken Elliott wrote:

> >> One of the reasons bottom posting gets a bad rap is because people
> neglect to *trim* unnecessary content from prior posts when quoting.
>
> While I usually consider myself a top poster, it appears that I might be a
> bottom poster, since I usually paste the part of a message I'm replying to
> at the top. I usually leave the previous message below my reply so the
> viewer has the option to read the entire previous message in context.
>
> But Paul, if you feel it would be better for me to leave off the copy below,
> I'd consider it.

Just delete the portions not relevant to your reply, or which aren't
necessary to understand the whole message. If it's that important, they can
check the archives or their mail client if they haven't deleted the prior
thread posts. Most of the time, there is a lot of information which is
unneeded in order to understand your exact reply. Afraid to snip, you
should not be. ;-}

And like any question and answer session, the portion you're replying to
goes above your reply.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster