Re: [SLUG] Thunderbird - Stop the scrap, snip by script

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 17:22:00 EST

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Robin - Bartow FL wrote:

>> How'd you post without the list bumpf at the bottom? Unless that was sent
>> to each of us individually (or just me) and you're better at forging headers
>> than I am at
>> reading them.
>
> I'm no script junkie. But I recall years ago (in DOS) extracting all lines
> of file/s containing a given text string and sending those line/s to an
> output file. Filtering in, is the inverse of filtering out. I suspect just
> the text area of an email could be processed in a similar way. For
> example, inclusions, exceptions, and "exact text strings" are frequently
> used in search engines.

Well yeah, but every other poster has this:

,--
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------
| This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
| Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
| posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
| official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
'--

at the bottom. You don't. Why not?

> With differing email clients and user preferences, the host is the only
> non-variable that can create uniformity in what people see.

I always read mail as me, with Pine (or {Hot,G}mail).

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   http://royalty.mine.nu:81

"You're one of those condescending Unix computer users!" "Here's a nickel, kid. Get yourself a better computer" - Dilbert ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.