Re: [SLUG] Sweet new monitor

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 21:32:31 EST

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, steve szmidt wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 January 2008, Eben King wrote:
>
>> I thought about getting a short^Wwide monitor as #2 when I was shopping a
>> few weeks ago, but then realized it would look funny alongside my existing
>> monitor, so I excluded those. Good thing: I get roughly 525 hits for
>> 1680x1050 LCDs, and 15 hits for 1600x1200 LCDs (to match my other one).
>> Much more manageable. (I got a Dell 2001FP for about two-and-a-quarter
>> with S&H.) As a single monitor, I'd probably choose a wide one, mostly
>> because 4:3 LCDs are getting rarer.
>>
>> $250 is a good price, especially for a new unit though.
>
> I ran into the same issue with resolution when one of my 21" monitors started
> to not work properly. I ran at 1600x1200 and could not find anything less
> than 24" flatpanels that would match both values.
>
> I ended up buying a Samsung for over $600. Having the 16:10 ratio is pretty
> nice. Now I just have to justify getting a second one. :) Hopefully the same
> model to keep a uniform look. The newer ones have a brushed metal bar at the
> bottom which I could do without.

Yeah. Monitor #1 is a Samsung "Syncmaster" 204t. Even a 204b is a
different finish (black vs putty I think), and there are precious few 204ts
out there. I figured as long as matching it exactly was out of the
question, I might as well get anything that's the right size and shape.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   http://royalty.mine.nu:81
               "God does not play dice" -- Einstein