Re: [SLUG] FiOS and Linux

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 11:37:52 EST

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Dylan William Hardison wrote:

> Spake Eben King on Monday, February 18, 2008 at 01:00PM -0500:
>> Port 22 works, but I don't use that anymore (too many hack
>> attempts).
>
> A safe workaround for that is to disable passworded/PAM logins.

True, but I like to log in remotely. Sometimes (when I'm feeling frisky) I
even run X apps over that connection. I put SSH on an unclaimed port
(according to /etc/services). No serious hack attempts yet. I guess the
skript kiddies' tools look at 22 by their unchanged defaults.

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81
      If you need someone to blame