Re: [SLUG] webmin

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 11:39:54 EST

On Wednesday 20 February 2008, Matthew Rogers wrote:
> Do any of you use webmin? I installed it and it seems to be pretty cool
> but it doesn't seem to pickup on my virtual mailboxes or a lot of other
> things. I just use SSH for everything and someone recommended I try out
> webmin, it definitely looks cool but I'm not sure of the value.
>
> Do you recommend anything else?

It was never very secure so I never used it on servers sitting on untrusted
networks. But it is pretty easy to use.

I prefer ssh. It can fwd X11 if needed and make all sorts of tunnels.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.