[SLUG] dual monitors in X

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 15:43:54 EST

OK, my two monitors (one DVI, one VGA) work fine hanging off one card.
Everything seems hunky-dory EXCEPT the left monitor (DVI, X monitor #1 I
think) doesn't participate in xscreensaver's displays. It goes black (and
not a fade like the other one either) and stays that way. I've tried both
Twinview alone, and with Xinerama added (I think that's what it is;
nvidia-settings was involved), same deal. (Philosophically, I prefer
Xinerama alone, because if I change video card brands, it still works.)

I have "mode: random-same" in ~/.xscreensaver and xscreensaver(1) says:

,--
| mode (class Mode)
| Controls the behavior of xscreensaver. Legal values are:
| random-same
| Like random, but if there are multiple screens, each
| screen will run the same random display mode, instead
| of each screen running a different one.
'--

It doesn't do that. What did I do wrong?

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     royalty.mine.nu:81

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.