Re: [SLUG] CompUSA in Brandon

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2008 - 16:38:44 EST

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 01:52:47PM -0500, Steven Buehler wrote:

> Just dropped by the CompUSA in Brandon, which has been "reopened"
> under TigerDirect, keeping the CompUSA name. Now it's computer and
> television equipment and hardware, and it seems the prices have
> dropped considerably under the new management. No more software, no
> more game consoles and satellite radios, and no more Apple/Mac stuff.
> If you want Mac stuff you'll have to drive to the Apple Stores in
> Tampa (International Plaza) or Orlando (Mall at Millenia and Florida
> Mall) now.

Actually, I believe there's a mac place somewhere in Pinellas county as
well. Maybe Dunedin or Palm Harbor. There used to be a "Ray's Connecting
Point", and it may be the same place.

Also, talked to the Apple person at CompUSA before they closed, and as I
recall, she was going to be based at the Best Buy on 19 and Drew. So
Best Buy may be selling Macs as well.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster