Re: [SLUG] Looking for a way (that works) to back up entire system

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2008 - 18:51:08 EST

> What is a good way to backup the entire linux system?

   I always have 2 or 3 bootable hard drives * in my confuser
at the same time, I copy my word processor stuff to the
second drive and everything else important to the third.

   I was just given an old "new 1 X DVD-RAM drive + 1 disk"
and as soon as I find some more I will back up everything
to them. I use mc as my backup tool. (copy then overwrite
none)

* I always have two recovery drives ready in case I do
something stupid again. Slackware 12 an all.
  (I would not back up any system in any way.)

--
    Ron  KA4INM - What do you mean, you don't
                  bother with the golden rule?