Re: [SLUG] strange returned mail

From: ronan (ronan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2008 - 05:57:43 EST

It looks like you are trying to connect to your own box's SMTP port
(127.0.0.1)?

delivery temporarily suspended: connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]: Connection refused

Do you have a "smart host" defined in your /etc/sendmail.cfg file?
IIRC, that option starts with "DS" like:

DSsmtp.tampabay.rr.com

That way, any mail that you try to send (via sendmail) will get sent to
that SMTP host. If you are using something other than "sendmail" (like
"exim"?), then you will need other settings to accomplish the same goal.

--ronan