[SLUG] What would you use?

From: Bill Glidden (bill@thegliddenfamily.com)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2008 - 20:16:01 EST

Talk amongst yourself. I'll give you a topic:

Suppose you were tasked with developing a Linux-based application that needs
a very snappy, very responsive GUI front-end. What would you use to build
this GUI and why? By responsive, I mean that if I click on a button, I need
to redraw at least half of the screen within 1 second. More specifically
this would be a kiosk application. The objective is to present information
as fast as possible to the user. I'm showing my age here, but I still miss
the days when I would do DOS programming and just write to video memory.
That was *fast*! That's the kind of speed I'm looking for.

Discuss!

Thanks for any opinions.