Re: [SLUG] Adobe apps on Linux?

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 31 2008 - 14:51:45 EST

> It would seem that Adobe want to become platform neutral for AIR apps. But
> if they expand the AIR platform, might we see Photoshop, Illustrator and
> other Adobe apps move to AIR, thus being available on Linux?

My one use for Windows is video editing. Give me Adobe Premiere for
Linux, and I can go (back) to 100% Linux, day and night.

I prefer Sony Vegas to Premiere in many ways (and it costs a lot less),
but Vegas is .net-dependent while Premiere runs on both Windows and
Unix-based Mac OS, so it's a lot more likely port.

One can hope, anyway.

Oh - and a Linux-capable Premiere would be in a lot better position to
work away at Apple's growing dominance of pro and prosumer video editing
with Final Cut... a proprietary app that only runs on a proprietary OS
that only runs on proprietary hardware...

- Robin