[SLUG] speaker wackiness

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2008 - 02:09:05 EDT

My desktop (and its contents) took a tumble a few days ago. Initially, the
only casualty was the case for my USR Sportster 33.6. Then, after I the leg
got reattached and braced and I reassembled everything, it seems the right
shift on the Model M is a bit sticky, and the front speakers were silent.
The modem works (FSVO), the shift key got better after some TLC, but the
speakers' silence bugs me.

I fiddled with the connections and worked out that the front speakers work,
but the front output is quiet. Right now the front speakers are hooked up
to the rear outputs. Sounds normal but the mixer is weird. It didn't move
in the fall, so it's odd that it'd be damaged. Could be the cables got
pulled and that damaged the sockets, but there's plenty of slack in the
cable. Soundblaster Live! card, Logitech 4.1 speakers. What could be the
problem with the card? If it's dead, what card should I get that supports
wavetable and the mixing of multiple audio streams in hardware?

--
-eben      QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP      royalty.mine.nu:81
When we've nuked the world to a cinder, the cockroaches picking