Re: [SLUG] Linux into a T41 Thinkpad

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 16:35:45 EDT

On Monday 23 June 2008 03:53, Dave Lowe wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Richard Smoot <rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com>
wrote:
> > How do I get at the hidden partition to copy XP to CD's or a
> > DVD before I partition the hd to put Linux in it? The Microsoft > number
> > is printed on the bottom of the laptop.
>
> Media is the easy part and is readily available. A **LEGAL** copy is
> the hard part. As long as you have a legitimate product key, you
> should be able to use any service install or even OEM CD-ROM of
> Windows XP if you ever wanted to put XP back on the laptop.

I do professional projection and need to have real Windows sometimes.
I use things like 15,000 lumen Christies.
Open Office's presentation has handled all the PowerPoints I have had lately,
but if I have one that doesn't format right I need to be able to use the MS
PowerPoint viewer.
It's also handy to have a working XP to trouble shoot other PC's because I
forget how Windows does things.

                            Richard Smoot