Re: [SLUG] Linux into a T41 Thinkpad

From: Dave Lowe (dave@davedorm.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 03:53:48 EDT

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Richard Smoot <rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> How do I get at the hidden partition to copy XP to CD's or a
> DVD before I partition the hd to put Linux in it? The Microsoft > number is printed on the bottom of the laptop.

Media is the easy part and is readily available. A **LEGAL** copy is
the hard part. As long as you have a legitimate product key, you
should be able to use any service install or even OEM CD-ROM of
Windows XP if you ever wanted to put XP back on the laptop.

I wouldn't sweat it. Nuke it. Put a real OS on there.

Dave Lowe • dave@davedorm.com
Tampa Bay, FL • http://davedorm.com
Debianista! • Registered Linux User #375232
A+ Certified • Amateur Radio KD4INR\

"If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow
that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted?" -- George
Carlin