[SLUG] Linux into a T41 Thinkpad

From: Richard Smoot (rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jun 23 2008 - 15:15:48 EDT

Got an IBM T41 w XP Pro in it Off Lease for $399 at the Tiger Direct/CompUSA
Store in Brandon. How do I get at the hidden partition to copy XP to CD's or a
DVD before I partition the hd to put Linux in it? The Microsoft number is
printed on the bottom of the laptop.
I am afraid I might trash the the backup files while while setting up Linux.
I thinking about putting SUSE 11.0 on it

                        Richard Smoot