Re: [SLUG] Vinyl LP Albums to Audio CDs in Linux

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2008 - 18:23:06 EDT

Daniel Jarboe wrote:
> The OP was what linux programs to use... now how much hardware he could
> buy to make it sound as if it was professionally mastered onto CD. Pete
> hasn't mentioned what hardware he has, and it's not yet known if it has
> a phono preamp built-in, or anything about the amp he's running
> through. Maybe start with a $2 RCA adapter before and the software it
> takes before adding time and $$$ to acquire more hardware before
> determining if he even needs it?

Hi Daniel!

Well, I have a Sherwood RX-4103 integrated amplifier. There are a couple
of unused outputs on the back, I thought I would start with "Tape Out".
The sound card is integrated into the Intel 810 series motherboard, P IV
1.7.

Will this computer be OK? It plays audio CDs just fine.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.