Re: [SLUG] Has anyone heard anything about Mepis lately.

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 02 2008 - 13:18:50 EDT

Michael Richards wrote:
> Has anyone heard anything about Mepis lately. I have searched the web
> and I don't see anything new since May. I don't see anything on Warren
> Woodford lately either. Is he still maintaining the distro.

Hi Michael!

This stuff came right up:

http://www.mepis.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Woodford

Warren had some back problems a few years ago but I think he is better
now. Looks like he is letting the "Linux community" run MEPIS for now.
May could be the date of the most recent post, the testing release is
more recent, however, today - in fact. Someone is working on it.

ftp://mirror.cs.vt.edu/pub/MEPIS/

Yes, I have MEPIS 7 on my one and only computer. My Synaptic shows 86
upgrades available that I haven't bothered with. No windoze on my box, I
can't abide the Great Satan, it seems. I might someday install W2K in a
virtual machine, but I might not, too.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.